Panayiota A. Demetriou
Objective: To pursue a successful academic career in arts and humanities by conducting valuable research, challenging and cultivating ideas. To contribute to the innovation of original ideas and knowledge, by encouraging the cross-fertilisation of academic fields and networks between practitioners and theorists.
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS
2012 – 2015 University of Bristol, Department of Drama PhD in Theatre and Performance Studies.
Thesis Title: An Exhibition of Hidden Stories: Investigating Methods of Staging and Performing Oral History Archives. Supervisors: Dr Paul Clarke, Dr Catherine Hindson
2010 – 2011 University of Hull, Scarborough Campus MA by Research in Theatre and Performance Studies
Dissertation Title: Young Voices: An Applied Theatre Project Aiming to Bridge the Gap Between Youth and Adults. Supervisor: Dr Aristita Albacan, Dr Andrew Head
2007 – 2010 Queen Mary’s University of London, Department of Drama BA (Hons) Drama
2006 – 2007 New York Film Academy, London Diploma in Filmmaking
HE TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- Oct 2016 – June 2018 Bath Spa University, Department of Drama, Part-Time Lecturer in Theatre and Performance Studies.
- Dec 2012 – Dec 2015 University of Bristol, Department of Drama, Assistant Lecturer in Theatre and Performance Studies (Modules: Performance Forms and Analysis, Performance Histories).
OTHER POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Sept 2015 – Sept 2018 Postdoctoral Research Assistant (0.5) for Making Books: Creativity, Print Culture, and the Digital, Bath Spa University.
- June 2016 – Aug 2016 Co-producer of Discord (conceived by artist Caitlin Shepherd), Sound installation commission by KCL & Somerset House.
- Sept 2015 (-) Research Administrator, Digital Cultures Research Centre (DCRC), UWE.
- May 2014 – June 2015 Theatre PG Representative, UoB, (organised weekly reading sessions, skill sessions and quarterly symposiums for PGR).
- July 2013 – July 2014 Project Collaborator for Performance Studies International (PSi) Oral History Project, PSi Oral Histories – Performing the Memory of the Field.
- Jan 2012 (-) Initiator and Artistic Director of non-profit Performance and Live Art Platform.
Fluent in English and Greek; full clean driving license; excellent knowledge of Mac and PC – Microsoft Packages, Adobe, and audio-visual editing software (Final Cut Pro), HTML and CMS.