Panayiota A. Demetriou
List of Publications
Ph.D Thesis (University of Bristol)
2011 – 2015 Title: An Exhibition of Hidden Stories: Investigating Approaches of Staging Oral History Archives
MA by Research Thesis (University of Hull)
2010 – 2011 Title: Young Voices: An Applied Theatre Project Aiming to Bridge the Gap Between Youth and Adults
Panayiota A. Demetriou, To You, Bath Spa University, Pervasive Media Studio (2018).
(Forthcoming) Panayiota A. Demetriou, Cross-Border Performance Art in Eastern Mediterranean Regions: Creative acts of resistance by female artists in Lebanon, Iraq and Cyprus.
BOOK CHAPTER PUBLICATIONS
Panayiota A. Demetriou, ‘Remembering Performance Through Oral History’, in Documenting Performance: The Context and Processes of Digital Curation and Archiving, (ed. Toni Sant), (USA – UK: Bloomsbury Methuen Drama, 2017).
PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL PUBLICATIONS
Panayiota A. Demetriou, ‘“Imagineering” Mixed Reality (MR) Immersive Experiences in the Postdigital Revolution: Innovation, Collectivity, Participation and Ethics in Staging Experiments as Performances’, in The International Journal of Performance Arts and Digital Media, special issue Performance and VR, Volume 14, Issue 2 (2018). [accepted – forthcoming].
Panayiota A. Demetriou, ‘Crossing Contested Borders: Quid pro quo (2011) – a performance act embodying the conceptual and material significance of women’s experience of the divide’, in Platform: Journal of Theatre and Performing Arts, Vol. 10 No.2: Theatre and Crisis (May, 2017).
Panayiota A. Demetriou, ‘Love Letters – Performance, Creative Technologies, Audience Participation’, in The Writing Platform, http://thewritingplatform.com/2017/03/love-letters-performance-creative-technologiesaudience-participation/ (2017).
Panayiota A. Demetriou, ‘“Love Letters” – Wearing Stories Told: A performance-technology provocation for interactive storytelling’, in Body, Space and Technology Journal, Vol. 16 (March, 2017).
Panayiota A. Demetriou, ‘An Exhibition of Hidden Stories: The Young Voices Soundscape – Examining Sound and Silence as a Collective Experience in Sound Art Installation’, in HARTS & Minds: The Journal of Humanities and Arts, Vol.1 No.4 (Spring 2014).
SELECTED ARTISTIC WORKS: PERFORMANCES, EXHIBITIONS, TALKS
- (Forthcoming performance) Panayiota A. Demetriou, Sage and Cinnamon and other Cypriot Diasporic Stories (2019 – 2020).
- Panayiota A. Demetriou, Between the Analogue and the Digital: Giving life to a book, [Public Lecture], June 2018.
- Panayiota A. Demetriou, What I do with Archives: Creative Interventions in Archives and Museums, [Public Lecture], Arnolfini – Bristol, Jan 2018.
- Panayiota A. Demetriou, Love Letters, [Durational Performance Installation], at Museum of Broken Relationships, Zagreb – Croatia, July 2017.
- Panayiota A. Demetriou, Sound Art, Engagement, Performing the Archive, and the ‘Reinvented Museum’, [Public Lecture], at Tate Modern, London, May 2017.
- Panayiota A. Demetriou, Love Letters, [Durational Performance Installation], at Latitude Festival-UK, July 2015.
- Panayiota A. Demetriou, and Aaron James, The Lives of Others’: And All Sorts of Ghost Stories, [Durational Performance and Sound Art Installation], Wickham Theatre, UK, April 2014.
- Panayiota A. Demetriou, [commission] PSi Oral Histories – Performing the Memory of the Field [Audience-participatory Installation], Shanghai Theatre Academy, China, 2014.